Junee Correctional Centre is one of New South Wales’s largest correctional centres.
The centre hosts a diverse mix of prisoners including sentenced and unsentenced prisoners and delivers a series of education, training and work experience programs as defined in prisoners’ individual case or sentence plans.
These programs help prisoners to focus on their rehabilitation and reduce the risk of reoffending. The centre’s large industrial facility with their vocational training booths – allow prisoners to gain skills and work experience through production contracts with local employers. By giving prisoners the skills and tools to successfully reintegrate into the community they also contribute to a safer New South Wales.
Junee’s highly effective XIT180 works-release program secures work experience for prisoners with these employers frequently resulting in the prisoner gaining employment upon his release. Junee’s education centre offers a wide range of courses, of which basic literacy and numeracy are particularly important.
Junee continues to find new ways to evolve its services. Initiatives to aid family reconciliation, reduce dependence on public health resources, and increase Indigenous prisoner participation have been developed. All of these have been delivered under GEO’s Continuum of Care model.
Junee has been successfully managed by GEO on behalf of Corrective Services NSW since opening in 1993. It is New South Wales’ largest regional correctional centre and Australia’s first correctional centre to be awarded ISO14001.
Planning a Visit?
Visitor Booking Information
- All contact and video visit bookings can be made through JUST Connect or by contacting the Centre.
- JUST Connect bookings open from 3.30pm on Sunday and close 11.55pm on Wednesday.
- Visits Booking Line (02) 6930 5585. Times: 9am – 3pm Monday – Wednesday.
- A maximum of 4 adult visitors and children (numbers within reason) are permitted to visit at any one time.
- Any visitor under the age of 18 must be supervised by a responsible adult. Only the names submitted when the visit was booked will be allowed access to the centre on the visiting day.
- Dress standards apply, in accordance with local procedure.
- Animals are prohibited in the Junee Correctional Centre car park.
- Smoking on Correctional Centre grounds is prohibited.
- Postal Address:PO Box 197, Junee NSW 2663
- Street Address:Park Lane, Junee NSW 2663
- General Enquiries:(02) 6924 3222